I’ve decided (almost halfway through might I add…) to make a deployment bucket list of all the things I want will accomplish in the coming months. I made a master list back before deployment began but I was a little too ambitious and I think I’m at a place now where it’s time to regroup and reevaluate my goals.
- Learn what it means to be healthy and take care of my body. This isn’t some “lose weight and get in shape” goal like I’ve made a thousand times. I want to learn how to eat the foods I should be eating. I want to learn more about nutrition and portion control. This is about a lifestyle change. I’ve been working out for a while now but it’s time to focus on my eating. The hard part. My sweet tooth is my downfall but I know it will be worth it in the end.
- Going along with number one…drink. more. water. I’ve been a lot better about this recently but there is always room for improvement. (I think my new Hydroflask water bottle has something to do with this…if you don’t have one go get one. Make sure you get the straw lid too. They’re the best hands down. Keeps your water cold all day with zero sweat. And they make a gigantic 40 oz size which means less fill ups!) When you’re hydrated, everything is easier. Working out, eating healthier, even your skin looks better! Moral of the story? H2O all day every day.
- Take some time to knock out my mile long “craft to-do” list. I bought a Cricut end of last year with the intention to use it for the wedding. I didn’t have time to unlock its full potential but I’m having a lot of fun experimenting and playing the last several weeks. The downside? My pinterest is now full with ideas and projects to complete; it is time to start knocking them out! The good news? All of the materials I need are already sitting around the house so I have zero excuses. I’ve been thinking of doing a series about all the care packages I’ve been putting together for Nick. It’s been a great creative outlet. What do you think? Is that something you would be interested in seeing?
- Put together our wedding album. I was supposed to do this before deployment, actually, so that I would have something to flip through. We just now got some prints done so we can begin sorting through the 1500 photos. I really want to have this done before I move! I am planning on having Project Life be our main wedding album as it will be archival and I feel like it stays authentic to the photos and to our relationship as well. I love the album I have, it’s the Southern Weddings Project Life edition and it fits our theme perfectly. Maybe I’ll get started on that this week? Probably should considering we’re now going on six months since the wedding. Crazy, huh?
- PACK! The number one item on my to-do list. My goal is to be organized during this move. It’s going to take a lot of effort for that to happen. I have pretty much our whole household to put into boxes; we weren’t able to move anything down before Nick left so it’s still up here with me. Time to get busy! The good news is that we don’t have much furniture to move yet; we’ll be purchasing most of the big items like a couch and a table down there. Which adds another item to my to-do list…plan out my home décor! That’s the fun part. Pinterest here I come. Now would also be a good time to kick my procrastination habit too but let’s not get too motivated here. 🙂
There you have it! Five obtainable goals that I will accomplish before Nick returns (notice I didn’t say try?). It’s game time. We’re almost over the first biggest hurdle, the halfway point. It’s all downhill from here. I’ve got my planner (yes…I have two and they serve two different purposes. One for planning one for memory keeping. Would you be interested in a planning post as well? Let me know these things!) and it’s time to get down to business! Who’s with me?